Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Night Finishing

After Shabbos, I'm usually too tired to cast on new projects.  Sometimes, I'm not even motivated to tackle works in progress. So I decided I will devote motzei Shabbos to finish projects that are off the needles.  That way, I start the week off with a clean slate and empty needles!

My first finished object is Hubster's Yankees inspired scarf:
Hubster modeling his new  Yankees scarf

Hubster said that it reminds him of a tallis and the Israeli flag colors.  I'm glad he loves it.  It feels so soft and warm too!

The second finished object is Penelope - The Official Kittyville Hat.  I'm so happy I finally finished it.  Didn't finish it in time for Purim but it's ready for next Purim :D 

Friday morning, I decided to do a combination of spray and steam blocking with my Rowenta Effective iron.  I sprayed the i-cording and the kitty ears to crisp them up.  

Then I went over the whole hat using the steam blast button; holding the iron a 1/2" above the hat. I used my Knit Picks blocking mats and my blocking wires (1 flexible for the curvature of the hat, 2 rigid ones for the i-cords.) The project was a bit difficult for me but it came out so cute:
Penelope with my pink wig - so punky!

This is how it looks on a human:
I'm the cat's meow!

Now I'm going to relax and read.




No comments:

Post a Comment