Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sick sick knits

O.K. my poor foot has been subjected to a lot of trauma this week. Monday night, I stubbed my toe and cracked my cast.  I saw the podiatrist the next day in a panic.  Luckily, he said my toe was fine and reinforced the cast (only the tip cracked.)  I'm telling you I got skills!

Here's some random sick ish I ran across:


Toilet Yoga - because sometimes sh*t doesn't happen!  Very funny

This on the other hand is SO not funny but still full of sh*t:
Yes, some fools are putting this on their cars!
Now that I got that out of the way, let's talk some knit.

Spring, is almost here and I'm feeling a bit of dread.  I'm finding warmer weather to be a conflict of interest.  So this month, I'm going finish off the rest of my winter projects and start looking ahead to Spring cardigans, shawls, and sweaters.

On The Needles
Pattern: Escargot (Knitty Winter 2011), an asymmetrical cloche that I named Cordelia

Needles: Knit Picks 24" US size 7 nickel interchangeable circular needles
 Espresso Roast
Poseidon
 


What attracted me to this pattern is that I can make two hats out of both skeins of yarn. This pattern called for a cable cast-on which made me a bit nervous; CO 240 was tedious to say the least! For this hat, the main color will be Poseidon and the contrast color will be the Espresso Roast.  So far, I'm liking how the KP metal tips feel; it slips between the yarn very easily and the tips are super pointy (but not so pointy to poke my fingers.)  The metal may too slick for me.  I will have to see what I think once the knit progresses.

Pattern: Ribbed For Her Pleasure, from Stitch 'N Bitch
Needles: US size 8
Yarn: Premier Yarns Merit in Kelly Green

I haven't made any progress on it since the last post.

Hibernating
I also started a pair of socks for the HPKHC Sock KAL but I'm not feeling them at the moment so they are hibernating.

The pair of mittens I started are also languishing.  I don't even have one-sockits; I got nil-sockitis.  I figure on finishing the scarf and tackling the socks before I mess with the cloche.  I need to catch a case of finish-upitis right quick!

Better hop on the knit...


No comments:

Post a Comment