Thursday, February 16, 2012

10 Favorite Knitting Things This Week


  1. Ravelry - nuff said.  Patterns, forums, advice, and just a great place to find other knitters.
  2. my Kindle Wi-Fi.  I can get a lot of Knitting books w/o cluttering up my bookcase. (I'm on a book diet!)
  3. Lion Brand Yarn Studio a great place to knit, score cool yarn/knitting notions, and print out patterns. Lion Brand Needles are an Aspie's dream!  The plastic is so quiet. I got a pair of size 10 kid's needles for TinyPunk and a size 11 for myself.  The Learning Center has great how-to vids too!
  4. Brooklyn General I'm going to take Parent/Child Knitting classes while TinyPunk is on mid-winter break from school.  I'm so glad Jessica from Knitting Brooklyn pointed me in their direction.
  5. The Knit Kit cos I knit on the NYC public transit and I can't be rummaging in my bag for stuff!
  6. iTunes: I can catch cool knitting podcasts while I knit like Knitting Brooklyn, Subway Knits, and Girlfriends Knitting.
  7. Stuff4Knitting: this site is a little klunky but you can get knitting notions, yarn, and other basics on the cheap.  The shipping is Priority Mail so you get your order really fast too.  I like their reward points system too: you can use your points anytime.
  8. Knitting Daily tons of free resources and videos.  It's from Interweave Magazine.
  9. Rosebud Salve: I used this on my cuticles and the dry spots on my hands.
  10. Knitty an eMag with OMG die of teh cute patterns, interesting essays, and product reviews.
So that's my fav stuff this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment