Sunday, February 19, 2012

Knitting Sports: HP, KIP, and crazy pick up lines

Right now, I'm reading Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's "Casts Off." Wednesday I reached the Knitting Sports section. At first I thought it was ridiculous. How can knitting be considered a sport?

Then I casted on a Kindle cover.

Kindle Cover Cozy - Simple Double Stripe version

Why oh why did I do this? I've only been knitting three weeks. Why did I think I could do this pattern which involved double point needles; stripes, and ribbing. I think the yarn fumes from my recent Herrschner's order is to blame.

Yes, that's what I'll keep telling myself.

The second thing that convinced me of the legitimacy of knitting sports is the HP knitting/crochet house cup.  I was listening to episode 3 of the Girlfriends Knitting podcast and she mentioned her Harry Potter Project (Hermione Socks.)  I was like OMG - Harry Potter + Knitting = FTW!  So I signed up for the Ravelry Group.  Right now, I'm a NQFY (not quite first year) since I signed up midterm.  But the good news is that I made it in time for Hogsmeade Weekend 2012, w00t!

I'm such a HP freak that I took a sorting hat quiz:

The sorting hat says that I belong in Ravenclaw!
<
Said Ravenclaw, "We'll teach those whose intelligence is surest."
Ravenclaw students tend to be clever, witty, intelligent, and knowledgeable.
Notable residents include Cho Chang and Padma Patil (objects of Harry and Ron's affections), and Luna Lovegood (daughter of The Quibbler magazine's editor).

Take the most scientific Harry Potter Quiz ever created.
Get Sorted Now!


I was knitting on the train minding my own business Friday morning.  This dude was staring at me.  He then approches me and asks "Who taught you that old world craft your mother or your grandmother?" Great knitting is giving random fools courage to toss out pick up lines.  I love how Hubster who was seated next to me piped in with, "Oh she learned three weeks ago from a book!  Isn't she great?"  

LOL! It was like landing in the middle of a Nat Geo episode, "When Knitting in Public leads to Crazy Pick Up Lines!"








No comments:

Post a Comment