Monday, February 13, 2012

What's Going On In My Knitting Bag?

I think I got "startitis."  I love starting projects.  I live in a small basement apartment so I need to slow my roll! I'm going to have to deal with stash management sooner than later.  Actually tomorrow, because a huge box of yarn came in today sheesh....


So here's what's going on in my Knitting Bag.


On The Needles
Envelope Hat from Knitting for Dummies I casted this on last Wednesday.  I put it down Friday afternoon.  Still didn't get back to it yet.  I started working on the snug fingerless mitts from Instructables.


Close fitting fingerless gloves I finished one glove so far:

Fits better than the other mitts I tried to knit up.  


The second one I'm knitting up is coming out really good.
You can see my Lion Brand Support Gloves on the right.  Can't miss me knitting!







Finished Objects

Garter Ridge Scarf from Knitting for Dummies.  I made it from Bernat's Softee Chunky in Rustic Rouge. I modified the pattern a bit because the yarn was bulky and making a scarf 8.5" wide was just too much. If the yarn was a "4" then I would've tried to go wider.  So I frogged the first one I started after a few rows.  I kept the 42" length the same.


Far from perfect but it's freezing outside.  That's why I started on the matchy-matchy hat and fingerless cuffs.



UFO's
I've been fighting to making matching fingerless cuffs to my scarf.  The projects I tried Learn to Knit cuff and Basic Almost Mittens came out looking like catcher's mitts so I'm going to the Knitting Doctor over at the Lion Brand Yarn Studio when TinyPunk is on vacation and see if I can save 'em!

No need to get crazy over imperfections just yet.  I'm just glad I'm getting better by the stitch!











No comments:

Post a Comment