Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Things got a bit hectic, oy oy oy!

O.K. the knitting lessons went well.  I'm going to get more knitting lessons for TinyPunk.  I already got the "Don't you think it's weird that he wants to knit question?"  There are plenty of men who knit, sheesh!

Also, the bunion surgery is scheduled for Thursday.  Purim is coming up and Pesach is 5 weeks away aack!  I'm not doing any heavy duty Pesach cleaning - Hubster and the cleaning lady are going to tackle it.  Depending on how I feel, I will do a little of Pesach cooking but I'm planning to keep things simple as possible.  My stomach will thank me.

Off The Needles
What's nice is that I have finished objects this week!

The first Kindle cover I did was kinda scary.
The second one I did came out a lot better:
Kindle Cover "Lots of Stripes" version
Yarn used:
Red Heart Eco-Ways Bamboo Wool, Peacock, $4.19 (I got on sale for $2) in Peacock
Bernat Super Value Ombres in Denim, $3 from LYS

I did this for the HPKCHC!  The house cup is so much fun, BTW.

Ribbing is still tough for me cos I get distracted easy and then I forget.


The second thing I managed to churn out was my first hat!  It came out OKish.  I will make another version of this hat out of wool cos it isn't warm enough despite being super cute.



Works in Progress
This week's homework assignment is to make Hubster a scarf.  He doesn't want me to make him anything special like a sweater cos he's bad with taking care of stuff.  So a scarf is a good compromise.

On the Queue
I think what I will focus on this week is choosing which projects to do for March.  I figured I would work on some stuff from Knitting for Dummies and SNB.  Combined with the HP house cup stuff I think I will be amply occupied while I recoup!






No comments:

Post a Comment