Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Stash Management

My big shipment of yarn from Herrschner's came on Tuesday.  It took about ten days.  I told Hubster that I need to buy a plastic bin for my yarn.  I was going to get it from the local 99 cent store but yesterday's hospital clinic trip tired me out.

So Hubster bought this tote from ShopRite:
Sterlite 15 Qt. ClearView Latch Box

First thought that popped in my head was "that's not going to be big enough!"  Now this frightened me.  I have 11 um...12 skeins of yarn.

Twelve.

How is this not enough?!

Then I realized that:

  • I'm a baby knitter.  Therefore, I'm bound to make horrible yarn purchases and need to buy more.
  • Minimalism is my goal so any signs of hoarding gives me the willies.
  • It's a good size to have if I'm going to organize according to yarn weight, color, yarn type, etc...
  • there's a cute paper bag nearby and I can hyperventilate in style!
So I figured buying six of these totes 
Ziploc Big Bags

and 1 or 2 boxes of Ziploc Big Bags would be a good way to manage my stash/knitting supplies from the starting gate.

Of course reading Stitch 'N Bitch isn't helping matters.  I got the startitis itch but the finish-it-upitis is overriding my urge to make the  Punk Rock Backpack.

ETA: That I bought a skein of Fur yarn for $2 today.  Yes, I'm a yarn addict!

So I better get back to the knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment